•  
    Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2009 Aveo Bucking/Jerking/Losing Power

What do you mean there's no turbo? Chevy Customer Svc's Avatar
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by Chevy Customer Svc View Post
      Thanks for updating us. Do you plan on having it looked at all to repair the clock issue when you have time?

Thanks.

Matt,

GM Customer Assistance
      Hi AveoJoe,

Ok, it may be something simple with the clock. You can also call and consultant with your Chevy dealership's service department and inquire about it. They may be able to troubleshoot over the phone. Please contact us if there's anything else we can assist you with.

Have good evening!

Vanessa
      GM Customer Service

Don't forget to check out my.chevrolet.com link and take advantage of a wealth of vehicle information!

For information on the GM Privacy Statement, please visit http://www.gm.com/privacy-statement.html

What's wrong with my car?
      Thanks
      I too have a 2009 Aveo LT which is having the same issue. One day could be driving down the road and the car just feels like it ran out of gas, pushing on the accelerator will do nothing, rpms don't move and then it kicks back in as normal. It's spuratic in that may do this one day and then could go a week before it happens again. Started having this problem about a year ago, thought plus were the issue so changed them out. Think from the time this first happened, may have been a few months before it happened again. Just recently had the recall boots and plus change out, however had no affect on the problem. I have found that pumping the gas several times will allow the car to regain the power it losses when this happens. Going to try replacing plugs again, after which if I continue to have the problem will look towards the fuel pump?

What do you mean there's no turbo? Chevy Customer Svc's Avatar
      Thanks
      iyaoyas50,
      Keep us posted on your progress with your Aveo. If you have questions about warranties or working with a dealership, we're available to you.
      Sarah, Chevrolet Customer Service
      Don't forget to check out my.chevrolet.com link and take advantage of a wealth of vehicle information!

For information on the GM Privacy Statement, please visit http://www.gm.com/privacy-statement.html

Thanks
      I have a similiar issue with my manual 2008 aveo5 Special Value with 43k miles. Before I get into that, 4 months ago I was having misfires (0301, 0302, 0303, 0304). The car would stall several times on cold starts after it had accelerated and was placed into neutral. I have a short commute, so I routinely place the car into neutral to coast. At that time, the coil pack was replaced, as well as the spark plugs and lines. The problem was better but still persisted. I then had a 45 minute fuel system, fuel rail, flush. I believe something similar to seafoam was used. At any rate, after that, the car ran great (I was using seafoam periodically as well) up until a few days ago.

The car started to lightly surge on the expressway at 75 mph, it was so subtle at first, I thought it might be the wind. The problem got progressively worse in the next few days. I was unable to accelerate in 5th gear beyond 60 mph, or 2500 rpm. The car began bucking, surging, lurching, lunging, violently in any gear, and when it would stop, it would come back when the accelerator was eased up slightly, again, any gear. 1st thru 4th will not go beyond 3000 to 3500 rpm. The car will accelerate to this point, and then begin to taper off and stay at a value just under. Pumping the gas has little to no effect.

I have had the following codes at one time or another during these symptoms: 0172, 0131, 2188, 1166, 0300.

I have added seafoam to the gas twice, I've tried to clean the throttle body without taking it off by spraying with cleaner, but there isn't much that can be done as the butterfly valve hardly opens with the accelerator pressed down. Because of that, I added seafoam to the vacuum line as well. I've taken off the map, which looked fine at the connection points and hose joint. I've removed the manifold to more easily access the front 02 sensor, which I also removed and inspected and then put back until I am more certain this should be replaced. I inspected the air filter, seemed fine, sprayed the IAC sensor which already seemed clean, and there was another sensor that I sprayed as well close by within the air flow hose. I've sprayed for vacuum leaks, but the idle never changes, ie, I can't find one and there is no obvious sound of a leak.

I have been unable to locate the fuel rail pressure valve to take a reading, but from what I've read, that is the next logical step.
      At this point, from what i've read, I could have bad fuel pressure, a bad map sensor, bad 02 sensor, bad tb sensor, stuck fuel injector(s) or a combination of all.

Any suggestions or other things to try?

Thanks,

ranjmaz

Thanks
      I have had similar issues with my 09 aveo ls, except mine has done this since I bought it new and only at take off in 1st gear. I have had the recall work done (plugs and boots) but it still does this at take off but I also have some "hitching" throughout acceleration now, but thats a topic on a different thread (aveo recall....)

Thanks
      My mechanic thinks it's the catalytic converter based on a back flow test. He's looking for an after market one. Gone bad at only 43k miles?!

Thanks
      Took mine in last week..They need to replace the Cam position actuator valve, apparently not under warranty at 29k miles (few months over my 3 yrs.) even though I have been having emission issues since Jan. guess I will call customer service rep to clarify.

Thanks
      It was a backpressure test, not back flow. At any rate, I'm not throwing the P042x codes, but, if it is the catalytic converter, that would be covered under the little known 8 Yr, 80k miles Federal Emissions Warranty from 1995. My guess is that the dealer is not going to replace the cat, including parts and labor, unless it is DEFINITELY the problem, ie, red on the psi gauge during the backpressure test at 2500 rpm is not going to be sufficient?

Not sure what to do now.

Thanks
      I have a 2009 Chevy aveo5 LS. My car runs fine but then will randomly lose power and by power I mean that no matter how far a push down on the gas pedal it wont accelerate. When this happens it's like turtle speed trying to pull into a parking lot or anywhere to get off the road. I noticed this last time that if I shut my car off and then wait a couple minutes it will drive fine but the check engine light stays on for a little bit and then turns off. Every time I have tried to get it scanned at any auto parts store it shuts there scanner down and are unable to check anything. Anyone know what would be the problem? I have read a lot of people saying catalytic converter but I'm not sure if thats my problem. ANy help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by moods5588 View Post
      I have a 2009 Chevy aveo5 LS. My car runs fine but then will randomly lose power and by power I mean that no matter how far a push down on the gas pedal it wont accelerate. When this happens it's like turtle speed trying to pull into a parking lot or anywhere to get off the road. I noticed this last time that if I shut my car off and then wait a couple minutes it will drive fine but the check engine light stays on for a little bit and then turns off. Every time I have tried to get it scanned at any auto parts store it shuts there scanner down and are unable to check anything. Anyone know what would be the problem? I have read a lot of people saying catalytic converter but I'm not sure if thats my problem. ANy help would be greatly appreciated
      I've got the same problem with an '09 Sedan LT, though I can get codes off my OBD2 reader, have you tried to do anything to fix it? So far I've replaced the spark plugs, cleaned the throttle body, tried swapping the fuel pump relay and run cleaner through the fuel system. I have a replacement coil pack I'm going to throw in as soon as it gets warm enough to see if that does the trick.

Last edited by CKTofu; 02-05-2014 at 08:37 PM.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast