•  

Thread: 2008 Aveo 5 Special Value codes

Should I keep it?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

2008 Aveo 5 Special Value codes

Just had the air conditioning installed at the dealership 3 weeks ago. Everything was fine. Coming back from a trip I heard a different sound and my check engine light came on. I pulled over and could not get the rpm's over 3,000 even with the pedal to the floor. I shut the car off let it sit for a minute or two and restarted and it ran fine except for the check engine light. Drove back 77 miles and when I was near an Advance Auto Strore it acted up again but not as bad. They ran the ObodII codes with a scanner and these came up?? P 161 B, P 2110, P 2106 and P 2135.

This has never happened before and I feel lucky I didn't have to get a tow.

The codes say DTC and throttle position

Advance got out their code book and none of these codes showed up. Any help is appreciated. I don't know if this is related to the ac install but I doubt it.

One other thing, I put a small amount of Berrymans Fuel Injhewctor cleaner and filled the tank. Would that cause a problem??

Last edited by wardie; 08-26-2012 at 10:07 PM. Reason: spelling

Should I keep it?
      Thanks
      went into safe mode. Restarted car it ran fine except CEL still on. What's wrong guys?

Thanks
      Well, those codes aren't standard OBDII codes (edit: they are, my mistake). What I would do is reset the codes (disconnect the battery for a minute), and then see if they come back. Hopefully next time you'll actually get some codes you can read. If not, it was a one time fluke.

Should I keep it?
      Thanks
      yes they are standard DTC codes. DTC tells you the area where the fault occurs. You have to have a better code reader than Advance Auto to find the specifics but if you do a search on other posts you'll find the same codes occuring. It has to do with the throttle position or footpedaL SENSOR. tAKING TO DEALER tUESDAY WILL REPORT BACK WHAT i HEAR. i AM HOPING SINCE THE CAR IS AN 08' WITH 51,000 MILES IT'LL BE COVERED UNDR WARRANTY. wARDIE

Thanks
      No, they actually aren't standard codes. Standard P codes range from 0 to about 800. They might be brand specific codes. In which case a google search for them might be in order. Getting these codes is fairly uncommon and I would really just recommend resetting them and seeing what comes back after a quick drive around the block.

Should I keep it?
      Thanks
      DTC codes were P2135 , P2110 and P2106. P2135 was the throtle position sensor which is part of the throttle body. Dealership replaced the entire TB under warranty.. no charge for anything including the loaner car

DTC indicated throttle body area is where the malfunction was...specific readings requires dealership type of equipment which indcated the TB position sensor was bad. I have my car back, she runs good so all ends well. Thanks to all who responded. Nice to have a forum for our cars. Wardie

Thanks
      Good to hear its all running well again Wardie.

Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by wardie View Post
      DTC codes were P2135 , P2110 and P2106. P2135 was the throtle position sensor which is part of the throttle body. Dealership replaced the entire TB under warranty.. no charge for anything including the loaner car

DTC indicated throttle body area is where the malfunction was...specific readings requires dealership type of equipment which indcated the TB position sensor was bad. I have my car back, she runs good so all ends well. Thanks to all who responded. Nice to have a forum for our cars. Wardie
      This is funny, I just repled to another thread about this. I had this same problem with the same codes. Maybe GM is fixing it now as they see they have a faulty product. It seems many people have this problem. Oh well they lost me since I had to get rid of the car because they refused to fix it. Maybe I should go back and file a claim

What's wrong with my car? gone.c's Avatar
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by AveoJunk View Post
      I had this same problem with the same codes. Maybe GM is fixing it now as they see they have a faulty product.

I highly doubt it. If that were true, I wouldn't be on my 4th throttle body already. Not impressed.

What's wrong with my car?
      Thanks
      am having the same problem replaced the throttle body and car still won't work right. small improvement (it doesn't die five seconds after it starts), but still barely idles and no response from gas pedal. ????