•  

Thread: 09 aveo. p0496 fixed(i think), no light but still hesitating when under load.

kov
      What's wrong with my car?
      Thanks

09 aveo. p0496 fixed(i think), no light but still hesitating when under load.

hello. i have a 09 aveo, 33000 miles, manl trany. car started hesitating when accelerating in low rpms and up hills. put fuel cleaner in that tank and the next tank premium. after two more tanks and the engine light came on. i reset the com and about 15 miles came back on. then i looked for bad v-hoses, changed the purge valve, made sure lines and charcoal canister were clear, cleaned the gas cap, tested the valve linked to the charcoal canister, and then reset the com. about 45 miles later the hesitating is worse and the check engine light is not on. idle has gone up and down, most of the time is ok. i think the next thing is to test the gas tank presser sensor but im not sure what too looking for. i need any and all ideas. thank you.

What do you mean there's no turbo? PoisonIvy's Avatar
      Thanks
      Ever do the tsb on the plugs/coil?

What do you mean there's no turbo? Chevy Customer Svc's Avatar
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      Hello kov,

I am sorry to hear you are still having a concern with your Aveo. If you choose to have your Chevrolet dealership look into this for you, please do not hesitate to reach out to us via private message. I can review your warranty status and check for any special coverage's. Please be sure to include your name, VIN, phone number, and Chevrolet dealership if you reach out.

Erica Tiffany
      Chevrolet Customer Care
      Don't forget to check out my.chevrolet.com link and take advantage of a wealth of vehicle information!

For information on the GM Privacy Statement, please visit http://www.gm.com/privacy-statement.html

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by kov View Post
      hello. i have a 09 aveo, 33000 miles, manl trany. car started hesitating when accelerating in low rpms and up hills. put fuel cleaner in that tank and the next tank premium. after two more tanks and the engine light came on. i reset the com and about 15 miles came back on. then i looked for bad v-hoses, changed the purge valve, made sure lines and charcoal canister were clear, cleaned the gas cap, tested the valve linked to the charcoal canister, and then reset the com. about 45 miles later the hesitating is worse and the check engine light is not on. idle has gone up and down, most of the time is ok. i think the next thing is to test the gas tank presser sensor but im not sure what too looking for. i need any and all ideas. thank you.

Po496 Evaporative Emissions System Continuous Purge Flow. Improperly installed or damaged EVap canister purge solenoid valve, or by a temporary blockage or restriction in the EVAP canister purge solenoid valve. Also look for poor connections, rubbed insulation, or wire broke. Hope that helps that is from the book.