•  

Thread: 07 won't take gas

What's wrong with my car?
      Thanks

07 won't take gas

Please help, my 07 will only take fuel very slowly. It takes about 20 minutes to fill up and has been this way about six months. The code is 0446. When I try to pump gas, I can hear the filler hose fill up and the pump shuts off. There isn't anything blocking the lines, new gascap, new charcoal canister and vent valve. My husband left it with a mechanic today, I don't know all of the details yet. But the mechanic said we need to take it to Chevy. I know that they did a smoke test, did something with a switch under the back seat and a few other things. They couldn't find any reason for it to not be working. We are currently trying to decide whether our van is worth fixing or needs replaced, so I'd rather not take the Aveo to the dealership right now. Any ideas?

Timing belt broke, do I keep it? thehunterooo's Avatar
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      Slow Fuel Fill Problem Diagnosis - Hyundai Forum - Hyundai Enthusiast Forums may help, just something i googe'ld

I honestly do not know myself, see what rabbit says....

Welcome to the forum btw!

Lifetime owner
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      it sounds like the breather line is kinked/clogged, basically, if you think of the gas tank as a suitcase, the filler tube goes into the lower half in order for it to fill up, there is a "hose" running from the topside of the suitcase back to the top of the filler neck. If that gets clogged, you are trying to pump into a vacuum, would be like filling a water balloon. and shutting the pump off. the hose complete a circle so as you fill the tank with gas, the displaced air goes out the hose to the filler neck.