•  
    Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: CODE P0014 camshaft over advanced or system performance

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Thanks

CODE P0014 camshaft over advanced or system performance

Have been reading this forum for a long long time decided to join today. Purchased a 2009 Aveo5 brand new off the lot and it has been a complete piece of junk since day one...fuel mileage is very poor, transmission shifting problems I think we are on our third set of new tires now and at least 5 alignments, car can stall unexpectedly, does not handle well on the road all and all just a really bad car and really poor service from GM and it's network of dealers.

Today's issue it seems is a code P0014 has anyone had any experience with this code ? I also took the car in for the recent sparkplug/boot recall and just wanted to let everyone know it did not change anything in regards to fuel mileage or performance...no changes noted with the new parts at all.

Any ideas on where to look to resolve this code, I had seen somewhere a post about a plugged oil screen on the cam actuator ?

Thanks in advance...

Thanks
      Ok since I was unable to get my hands on any new parts today I took a chance an removed the camshaft actuator solenoid and sure enough I found the small orange oil filters...I removed them reinstalled the actuator and the engine runs like a top and the code has not returned.

I saw no indication the filters were plugged...have always done oil changes on time and have used synthetic 5w30 in it since it had 5000KM on it....AMSOIL 5w30 signature series. I don't want to over look the obvious here, could simply removing and replacing the actuator repair the problem or are the filters which were not plugged to blame. Since removing the filters on the exhaust actuator helped I also took them off the intake one as well...magnetic oil plug a great idea at this point.
      Attached Images Attached Images       
      Last edited by HeavyDuty; 07-28-2012 at 09:12 PM. Reason: Adding a little bit more information...

Thanks
      If anyone else has removed one of these actuators I would appreciate a screen count, both these actuators had only two orange screens on them and I can't find a photo of a new one but there is some indication there should be three orange screens on each actuator. I ordered a new one will be here in a few days.....have to wait and see it. The chev trailblazers as I understand it had issues with some of the screens being sucked into the oil galley's....based on the color of the center slot on this actuator the screen if it was suppose to be there has been missing for sometime, not clean underneath like the other two channels that had screens.

Lifetime owner
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      interesting, but have not done this. If that does not fix it, next step would be to check cam timing.

Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by petrified.rabbit View Post
      interesting, but have not done this. If that does not fix it, next step would be to check cam timing.
      it did fix it for now, need to see if it remains fixed. It was dieseling before that all went away very odd I must say but I did notice in a post of yours you said runs better after an oil change (your car) well this gives that statement alot of meaning but I still don't understand the why....AMSOIL synthetic is like water if it will not go through those screens no oil will. This car has not run right since day one, I am going to recheck fuel mileage and see if this corrects the consumption.

Thanks
      Had to order this new actuator and wait for it to arrive. Anyone happen to know what the big letter D stands for that follows the GM part number, is it a revision the original actuator had a letter A following the part number. New one came with only two screens so I assume none are missing from the old one. I did notice the new one has different screens diff color at least no noticeable diff by eye though.

Name:  IMG_0591.JPG
Views: 30355
Size:  228.9 KB

Thanks
      Ok I did a milage check after changing this actuator, and there is a significant increase in fuel mileage ..plus 10% and the engine doesn't seem to diesel any more like it use to. I had enough of an increase I ordered the second actuator for the intake side. This changed the entire running of the engine....I only know it did, I don't have a clue why....

Thanks
      Ok second actuator came I ordered a 55567050 and paid for it, waited for it to arrive, picked it up today got home opened it up and inside the box is a 12992408...hmmmm looks very different so I take a close look at the box and see the 55567050 sticker has been placed over top of the 12992408 sticker. This is the old part if I am not mistaken the one that leaked oil into the electrical connection ? Nothin gonna surprise me now ! GM Canada told me they ARE covered under powertrain warranty..they gave me a free oil change since I repaired it myself and paid for the sensor out of pocket....I am down with that, 1 for GM.
      Last edited by HeavyDuty; 08-10-2012 at 04:32 AM.

Thanks

got it figured out now I do believe.....Amsoil and Aveo maybe don't belong together

Thanks
      Specifically designed to meet the needs of GM gasoline engines. dexos1:

Look on the front label for any of the logos shown above to identify an authorized, licensed dexos1™ engine oil.

Click on any of the dexos1™ logos above to view the list of licensed brands.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast