•  
    Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Unmasked: best view yet of next gen Chevrolet Aveo hatchback (production model)

Thanks

Re: Unmasked: best view yet of next gen Chevrolet Aveo hatchback (production mod

Having run a few websites and done writing for a few blogs I have concluded they basically attract people who like to whine about things, no matter how small. You learn to ignore it.

Timing belt broke, do I keep it? serega12's Avatar
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

Re: Unmasked: best view yet of next gen Chevrolet Aveo hatchback (production mod

There's always going to be haters and cry-babies. There are negative things about EVERY car out there... people don't realize that a lot of times... "It's got horrible gas mileage" they say when they look at a Yukon or Tahoe... of course it does, but it will do a good job carrying a few adults with all their gear and pull a boat at the same time. "Aveo feels cheap"... maybe that's because it is? "Look at the 'vette/lambo/ferrari, it only has two seats and the cargo area is pretty small, also the gas mileage is pretty horrible" You're right. Look elsewhere for that. People don't realize to look at things for what they are.... The original hum-vee ran government around $100,000 a piece with manual windows ( ) and the only radio it had was a CB radio that the radio-man had . It also had horrible gas mileage too (still does). Don't quote me on that, but if I remember correctly it was between 6 and 10 MPG?? It had a killer suspension on it though and it could do some crazy stuff out in the desert.

The point I'm trying to make is that there are always so called "critics" who compare cars to who-knows-what standard, and there are as many opinions as there are critics. You can find a positive and a negative review on almost any car out there. And the aforementioned haters and cry-babies just look for the review they like and leave their hating/crying comments because they fuel their sense of "being right about something". Those comments, in turn, keep those critics writing... Vicious cycle.

I'll quit my rambling now...
      2006 Chevrolet Aveo a.k.a. Holden Barina – SOLD
      ​2008 Chevrolet Cobalt SS/TC - SOLD

Timing belt broke, do I keep it? thehunterooo's Avatar
      Thanks

i think you have used the first thinking smile =D>

good points

Thanks

Just posting for posterity - another site that picked up AveoForum's 'unmasked' Aveo:

http://www.greencarreports.com/blog/104 ... -photoshop
      ---
      Aveo Underdrive Pulleys -- $20 Off Sale This Week. Get more info here.
      ---

Timing belt broke, do I keep it? serega12's Avatar
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG
      Just posting for posterity - another site that picked up AveoForum's 'unmasked' Aveo:

http://www.greencarreports.com/blog/104 ... -photoshop
      I like the AveoForum still visible on it....
      2006 Chevrolet Aveo a.k.a. Holden Barina – SOLD
      ​2008 Chevrolet Cobalt SS/TC - SOLD

Almost time to do my timing belt xintersecty's Avatar
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by serega12 View Post
      Good work, man. I didn't realize how much the camouflage actually hides the lines of the car...
      It looks like a variation of Dazzle Camouflage. Here is a quote from Wiki
      At first glance Dazzle seems unlikely camouflage, drawing attention to the ship rather than hiding it, but this technique was developed after the Allied Navies were unable to develop effective means to disguise ships in all weathers.
      Dazzle did not conceal the ship but made it difficult for the enemy to estimate its type, size, speed and heading. The idea was to disrupt the visual rangefinders used for naval artillery. Its purpose was confusion rather than concealment.[1] An observer would find it difficult to know exactly whether the stern or the bow is in view; and it would be equally difficult to estimate whether the observed vessel is moving towards or away from the observer's position.[2]
      Name:  HMS_Argus_(1917).jpg
Views: 644
Size:  79.1 KB

Nice work on the photoshop.
      Please do not power off, firmware update pending.....

Almost time to do my timing belt xintersecty's Avatar
      Thanks
      Oh after reading more in the wiki I find this:
      Many car prototypes also wear dazzle camouflage during testing to hide the "curves" of the vehicle before the manufacturer is ready to show it to the public.
      Here is the wiki link
      Dazzle camouflage - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Please do not power off, firmware update pending.....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12