can you post images of your CAI?
      They're actually posted here: viewtopic.php?f=41&t=27397&start=75
      2006 Chevrolet Aveo a.k.a. Holden Barina – SOLD
      ​2008 Chevrolet Cobalt SS/TC - SOLD

Timing belt broke, do I keep it? serega12's Avatar
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

Re: serega12's Holden Barina

so I installed BLOX O2 sensor extension, or "CEL light eliminator" as they call it. Over a 1000 miles with no CEL so far... that's longer than I've went with the non-fouler method... And the part with the threads is A LOT thicker so a lot less chance of it braking off. Plus it's grade 8 metal instead of the whatever weak metal they use for the non-foulers.

I've also installed the entire A/C system that I've bought from one guy who's aveo got totaled by a drunk driver. I got all the pieces except for the A/C panel, his had tabs broken off and cracked in a spot or two, and the A/C condenser (his got a little bent by the same accident). I paid $350 for the compressor, all the lines, evaporator, fan, panel (even though I didn't use the last three, but I have them for spare parts). $40 for the panel from a junk yard (mind, all the parts were out of the car and waiting for me at both that guy's place and the junk yard). A/C condenser was around $75 brand new shipped from eBay.... I was considering installing it myself, but ended up going back to that guy and he installed everything (except for the HVAC panel, I already put that in with LEDs and stuff to match the rest of the interior). He agreed to do it for $160. After I charged it, I found a small leak right where the two lines connect to the back of the compressor, but figured out that it's just one of the guiding lines (or it's lip) was a little crushed, so I filed it down and put it together... but as I did that and serviced it, it worked fine... until I took off the filler hose, the filler valve started pissing freon... capping it off helped, but it was still pissing very loud, so I bought some replacement filler valve parts and some more freon with a super-leak stop that seals off aluminum and all that good stuff and called it a day last night....

Picked up some UV dye too, so I'll be doing that today.

I better get it done, I'm starting school tomorrow...

Lifetime owner
      Thanks

Theplastic cap on the a/c isn't what stops the freon. It's a check valve,so that would be like the cap on your valve stem keeping the air in you tire. But with more pressure.

If you need another line I have a set.

Thanks

I just replaced the valve stem and that fixed that leak... the two lines coming up to the back of the compressor don't leak any more either... But now there's a pretty big leak bubbling out around where the two lines connect to the evaporator at the firewall.

How much do you want for the lines shipped, rabbit? And (a dumb question) they are for the first gen, right?

Still love my daily driver
      Thanks

AWESOME. Thank you for the updates. I love how you are answering all of the questions I have had over the last few months, and I have not had to ask.

Thank you
      Jason

Thanks

glad I could help, XJ Casper. I drive past you every day twice on the way to Lacey for training.

As far as the leak goes at the evaporator, between tightened nut that holds them in and a can of super seal I put in there last night, the leak seems to be fixed, thank God. I'll check it in a while to see if there are no more leaks in a while, but so far it held 30 psi overnight with no problems and it blows cold air.

Still love my daily driver
      Thanks

I have Sunday/Monday off for the time, if you are not too tired, we would love to check out your ride.

Thanks

So just a little update.

I've been very busy with school, only get 1-1.5 hours at home every day except for weekends so no time to do almost anything but drive it for 135-140 miles a day roundtrip.

The last couple of things that I've done were to replace the motor mounts (left and right, still didn't do the dog bone, but I have it filled in). The noise that I was fixing by replacing the motor mounts was fixed before I put them in - it was coming from the intake pipe vibrating against the strut firewall.... But since I already had the new mounts and the polyurethane - I went ahead and filled them anyways...

Also I've replaced the a/c line that goes from the evaporator to the condenser and partially to the compressor (old one was prone to cracking because the way the guy installed it it was rubbing against one of the pulleys for a little). So I got a new one, but the updated part number that they sold me for 50 more (doubled the price) leaked at one of the joints that was supposed to be pressed in well (between the aluminum line and aluminum flange on the fatter pipe) so they got me a replacement line for free (I had to buy it since I wasn't turning in the old one right away, but they're giving me my money back when I bring the old one back)... should be installing that today. So hopefully I'll have a fully functional a/c here in a little bit.

Wish me luck... that's about it.

Timing belt broke, do I keep it? thehunterooo's Avatar
      Thanks

lame

Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast