•  

Thread: Purchased 2010 Aveo Sedan: New Member and my project car / Daily Driver.

What's wrong with my car?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

Purchased 2010 Aveo Sedan: New Member and my project car / Daily Driver.

Hey all:

My name is Rich Dufresne, and I am from Barre, Vermont. Purchased my Aveo a year and a 4 months ago. Was toooo chicken to join the forum, fearing other members would think I am crazy with all the stuff I am doing to my Aveo. When I purchased it I put new tires on the 15 inch rims and a 10" red stripe down the hood and trunk. Well then I thought that looked silly. I then saw on Youtube many videos of what people have done to the Aveo. I started to look for parts and tinker with mine. When I first got the car it had a shimmy that was only noticeable at 45 mph and over. So I replaced the brakes and rotors. NOPE. Since then I have replaced the tie rods, steering rods, had an alignment done, and replaced the shocks and struts. ...and guess what?? ...the shimmy is still there!! I've also had 2 sets of rims on it,one set 17x7s, with new mounted and balanced tires on all. It looks like I may have to do the brake calipers, and or the CV shaft. I'm redoing brakes and rotors in 2 months. My right front tire from last summer was worn on the inside tread. As you can see the car is a work in progress. The hood scoop is functional (ram air), and the left heat vent is functional. No turbo as of yet. I may not bother. I just want a car that is fun to drive, and looks cool. I will paint it in the spring after I finish the body work. I'm going to paint it purple with a lime green 14" stripe down the hood. The front is lowered with LO lowering springs with SenSen shocks. I'm going to widen the stance just a bit come this spring. I will also be changing plus and wires, and a few other things. I found this group a little while ago and enjoyed seeing other rides. A few how toos helped with stuff I wasn't sure about. Oh and the exhaust from the underside cat is now 2 1/2 going into a N1 muffler. I hope I can learn some stuff here, as well as teach others from what I've done. My brother Chris and I are car nuts, coming from a dad who raced back in the 50s and 60s.Name:  14448967_10209664506425019_6989374173445059304_n.jpg
Views: 364
Size:  99.6 KB

Almost time to do my timing belt xintersecty's Avatar
      Thanks
      Welcome to the forum. Keep the pictures coming.
      Please do not power off, firmware update pending.....

3. The Following User Says Thank You to xintersecty For This Useful Post:

2010AveoLT (01-23-2017)

LXV-SCOOTADRIVE, ON! 2010AveoLT's Avatar
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by xintersecty View Post
      Welcome to the forum. Keep the pictures coming.
      What he said; welcome aboard, and we hope to see more pictures as you progress with your build!

Almost time to do my timing belt xintersecty's Avatar
      Thanks
      I just saw you are from Barre Vermont. I had a job offer at Northern Power Systems (windmill people) and did not take it as they did not offer enough money to live in Cambridge MA. It was enough to live in VT but not MA. LOL. That's a beautiful town and area.

BTW with that much bondo, 80 grit long sanding board is your friend. I learned the hard way.
      Please do not power off, firmware update pending.....

Thanks
      Welcome to the site zOobOy!

Nice looking Aveo you have there. I look forward to seeing what you do with it. Please keep us updated.

Also, please add your car to the garage. It makes it easy to show off pictures nad people can reference it easily when reading your posts as well.