•  

Thread: New Member

What's wrong with my car?
      Thanks

Great site and forum you have here! Looking forward to reading and gathering some info, and hopefully giving some.
      My wife and I just bought a 2009 Aveo LS with a manual transmission. Looking for something that got good gas mileage. The wife makes a 50 miles round trip commute to work each day, so this will cut down on gas.
      We found this car sitting in a parking lot. The guy had only put it a few hours earlier and we were his first call. It is super clean and was well maintained. For a car with 120k on it, I was very impressed with how tight it still feels. Seems more like a car with 20k on it. No leaks and super clean engine bay. Interior is very nice. Has new tires. Wheel covers are a little banged up and has several missing lug nut caps. We just ordered some aftermarket wheel covers. Has one small driver's door ding. I'm not worried about that. Also the chrome trunk lid piece that houses the license plate lights is cracked in two. Those are the only cosmetic things.
      I chuckled when I saw how much tires would cost me for this car. I just replaced the 20" tires on my Charger at $250 each. The Charger won't be driven as much now.
      Checked highway mileage and we're getting 34 mpg. I am enjoying driving this car and banging gears. It's pretty much a stripped down model and has nothing electric in it. We were hesitant at first about it not having AC, but here in Wyoming we only have two months when it is hot. Decided since the car was in such good shape, we didn't want to pass it up and would sacrifice not having AC. I think we made the right choice, given some of the other crap we looked at that had less mileage and a lot of broken stuff. There's a lot of people that don't take care of their vehicles.
      There are a few questions I have about the car and will ask on the appropriate forum page.

Attached Images Attached Images  

Thanks
      Welcome to the site!

What's wrong with my car?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      I'm here this forum for discussing my problem and try to solve your problem.