•  
    Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: WOLFMAN AK907's Build Thread

I'll keep it and add a turbo Kalos Princess's Avatar
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

Re: 2009 New Body Style Aveo5

Hey Wolfman,
      I was just wondering if you ever got around to painting the bowties? I saw on your myspace pics that you were playing around with that. I was planning on buying black ones, but they dont exist I guess. lol. I tried to remove the front emblem to paint it, but that was not at all successful. So, unless you have some insight, I'll be painting the emblems while on the car.

2009 Tahiti Green Aveo5 named Kalos
      Tinted windows
      Blacked out chevy emblems/license plate cover

Almost time to do my timing belt
      Thanks

Ummm, I haven't done mine yet, but a member on the other forum told me the chrome piece is held in place with nuts on the back of the bumper, but the gold piece is just glued on. That's what he says anyways. I do still need to do mine though...
      Farthest North Aveo: Fairbanks, Alaska

Timing belt broke, do I keep it? serega12's Avatar
      Thanks

It looks like on 09-up cars like you guys have there is no option to completely debadge the front (without body work involved). That kind of sucks.
      2006 Chevrolet Aveo a.k.a. Holden Barina – SOLD
      ​2008 Chevrolet Cobalt SS/TC - SOLD

Still love my daily driver Thymeclock's Avatar
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by serega12
      It looks like on 09-up cars like you guys have there is no option to completely debadge the front (without body work involved). That kind of sucks.
      It doesn't really bother me. The big Chevy bow-tie says the car is not a Honda Fit, or a Yaris or a Rio or a Hyundai with an Accent.

There are so few Aveos in my area that people probably wonder "What's THAT?"

I'm not proud that our Woo-Woo is branded a Chevy. But I'm not ashamed, either.

Thanks

It doesn't bother me. I do want to paint it black though. One of our members on the other board from Russia was selling these nice carbon fiber bowties that light up around the edges...it's on white all the time, but turns red when you hit the brakes. I kinda wanted to order one and see if it was the same size as the front. If it is I'd disconnect the red and just wire the white to my parking lights. That would be cool. $90 bucks.
      http://aveonetwork.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=330

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfman AK907
      It doesn't bother me. I do want to paint it black though. One of our members on the other board from Russia was selling these nice carbon fiber bowties that light up around the edges...it's on white all the time, but turns red when you hit the brakes. I kinda wanted to order one and see if it was the same size as the front. If it is I'd disconnect the red and just wire the white to my parking lights. That would be cool. $90 bucks.
      http://aveonetwork.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=330
      Oh, cool, just checked out that post. Another Ukrainian Aveo user. I'm registering on your forum! Doesn't hurt to be on both.

Thanks

Re: WOLFMAN AK907's Build Thread

No it doesn't hurt. It's nice because you get 2 different sides of modding. Not to speak out of turn, but I think our forum is more performance driven vs. more Eco-Modding and fuel economy mods on this forum. It's a nice variety. Regardless, there is a lot of valuable information between these 2 sister forums.

I'll keep it and add a turbo Kalos Princess's Avatar
      Thanks

I dont at all mind the bowtie emblem, just the GOLD is hideous! I actually tried to remove the badge from the front and it was a horrible experience. You gotta take of the plastic shield that covers everything behind the grill. Then you have to be able to remove another seperated which I found to be nearly impossible because the angle you are at. I almost stripped the screws before I gave up. I tried to feel under that separator to see if it was bolted on or not.....no luck- arms arent long enough. I also tried to use a heat gun to melt the glue and remove it with fishing line... DO NOT ATTEMPT THIS!!!!!!!!!!! It messes up the paint and the emblem..... luckily I was able to fix it without harm, but I do not recommend anyone else doing it in that fashion. I gave up for a while but I am going to just paint it while on the car. Not my first choice but it is sorta my last. lol
      Definitely going to check out that light bowtie! that sounds awesome.
      I cant wait to start modifying my Kalos (its what I have named her.....it works. lol....she is VERY beautiful but just havent had the time yet, or the money for that matter.
      2009 Tahiti Green Aveo5 named Kalos
      Tinted windows
      Blacked out chevy emblems/license plate cover

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kalos Princess
      I cant wait to start modifying my Kalos (its what I have named her.....it works. lol....she is VERY beautiful but just havent had the time yet, or the money for that matter.
      How about some pictures of her before she gets modified?

Still love my daily driver Thymeclock's Avatar
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kalos Princess
      I dont at all mind the bowtie emblem, just the GOLD is hideous! I actually tried to remove the badge from the front and it was a horrible experience. You gotta take of the plastic shield that covers everything behind the grill. Then you have to be able to remove another seperated which I found to be nearly impossible because the angle you are at. I almost stripped the screws before I gave up. I tried to feel under that separator to see if it was bolted on or not.....no luck- arms arent long enough. I also tried to use a heat gun to melt the glue and remove it with fishing line... DO NOT ATTEMPT THIS!!!!!!!!!!! It messes up the paint and the emblem..... luckily I was able to fix it without harm, but I do not recommend anyone else doing it in that fashion. I gave up for a while but I am going to just paint it while on the car. Not my first choice but it is sorta my last. lol
      Definitely going to check out that light bowtie! that sounds awesome.
      Here's a suggestion that might work well for you: try laying some black electrical tape over the entire center portion of the bow tie. If you cut it with an x-acto blade you can probably trim it exactly so it looks neat, and not like tape. That way you won't need to paint it, if it ever needs to be redone you can easily do it over, and you have the option of easily removing the tape if you ever want to sell the car.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast