Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Slammed Aveo

Should I keep it?
      Thanks
      This from springs or air suspension?

Timing belt broke, do I keep it? serega12's Avatar
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      I believe petrified.rabbit is on retrofitted VW coil overs. Not sure about the Ok.
      2006 Chevrolet Aveo a.k.a. Holden Barina – SOLD
      ​2008 Chevrolet Cobalt SS/TC - SOLD

Still love my daily driver
      Thanks
      i think you need some bigger wheels

Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by camopaint0707 View Post
      i think you need some bigger wheels
      Welcome to the forum.

Should I keep it?
      Thanks
      Ok, so this car has been on the ground since 2004 when it was purchased new. At first, in the early days, the car sat on cut springs, because no kits were out for it. Eventually, those were changed to Intrax springs, which being purple, gave me the inspiration to paint the hubs and calipers purple. It has been on everything from 15" to 18". I was doing this thing before I even knew about this forum and Rabbit's Aveo. Petrified Rabbit did sell me the kit to relocate the tie rod mount, which I used to switch to Volkswagen Golf MK2 coilovers. The coils kept bottoming in the rear though. I then modified the front suspension to accept MK1 coilovers, which is what the car sits on now. That is a static drop. I went back with 15" rims, I can tuck in the fender and not worry about rubbing too much. There is still a little rubbing from the front passenger tire well, but a ball peen hammer, and some elbow grease should allow me to bend out the protrusion. The car has been through various incarnations, including a demo vehicle for Rockford Fosgate. Now, its just an empty shell, I haven't made up my mind whether I am going sell her or rebuild her.

Thanks
      It looks nice. Time for a motor swap.

What's wrong with my car?
      Thanks
      Exactly how did u do that I'm gonna do the same exact thing please help

What's wrong with my car?
      Thanks
      How exactly did u do that please

Thanks
      Im n Raleigh NC ive had my aveo slammed since last year. Im running mk2 coilovers with custom 326 8k springs in the rear. i have no helper springs. Set up is strong. ive done slight mods to the coliovers to make this the lowest you can go on mk2. Notched rear tophat to make oe bolts sit flush, no bump stops, notch openings in front spindle mount and working on notching lower control arms. About 5 threads from the bottom in the front. In the rear 50%- 75% preload set and i rarely bottom out, but rough roads can be hard on the car. ive broken several bolts and studs that hold the trans mount to the bracket on the trans. One time even shearing the bolts to the inner motor bracket behind the timing cover almost destroying the belt. Overall if you trying to be super low its going to be a rough ride. Name:  5477.jpg
Views: 2387
Size:  72.4 KBName:  IMG_1466.jpg
Views: 3113
Size:  285.4 KBRabbit endlinks arent required to use front coilovers. weight is evenly distributed.

Should I keep it?
      Thanks
      Name:  IMG_0046.jpg
Views: 2207
Size:  296.7 KB

Funny the reverse rake is caused by the tire wells being cut different from front to back. Look at the bottom of the unibody, its level to the ground. This little beast is still sitting in my garage, running, but has an oil leak around the pan. I was just looking at her the other day after a bath, and am thinking about redoing the interior in the hatch area, and getting her back on the road. The suspension is MK1 coils, front to back I believe Raceland. It was a bear to modify the front to accomodate the shortened bracket, I tell ya. It also has rabbits adjustable endlink kit on her. I cut the spring perches in the rear, and installed the MK1 coilovers there as well. I am thinking about adding helper bags out back to help with the bouncing, or better coils with dampening adjustments.
      I also went with 15 x 6.5 in rims with 195's so that the rear tucks inside the low cut fenders with about a good 1/2 inch of clearance. Funny, it rubs inside the front fender wells sometimes, but never in the rear. Next thing is to cut and smooth the front inner fenders to stop the occasional rubbing. BTW, mine was built about the same time as Rabbits, but I had been running intrax springs before that, and originally in 04, when she was new, it was a ghetto chop with about 3 inches of clearance. Check out my garage in this forum. Tell ya what, I was routinely putting 900 miles on her every two weeks in this form until I got my truck. I have had to replace anything on the undercarriage but she is pretty scraped up. I still do get her out, and ease her out of the drive way at a angle just to enjoy the ride for a few minutes.

Last edited by d3vo1d; 11-22-2016 at 04:10 AM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast