•  
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: In dire need of TLC

Thanks

In dire need of TLC

Hi guys..I've been lurking on this site for a few years now..ive been planning to customize my aveo hatch but the lack of aftermarket performance parts impeded the process..I was about to start my project when tragedy struck...

my car was wrecked on mah wedding day..

So after a brief hiatus (not to mention a new door,fender, and windshield) I'm now back on track and hunting for parts..
      Plans include...
      1) a Rally makeover complete with screaming vinyl decals( I see alot of Aveos "dressed uped" that way and IMO it looks cool),
      2) An engine swap and a bulletproof tranny, I'm contemplating on using a turbo engine from a different car manufacturer and now in the process of actually completing the parts or the swap.. ( mines got the euro 1.2 petrol engine with a measly 60+ HP
      3) A conservative bodykit (if the rally makeover doesn't push through) including sideskirts and minimal fender flares plus wider rims
      4) COILOVERS and BRACINGS

Here's she is..

1) at the moment am rockin 15inch C10's with 195/55 for mah daily commute ( My anthracite blue TE37's took a lot of beating when my car was wrecked so im in the process of refurbishing it),

2) lowering springs customized to fit my aveo ( i think it was for a toyota car) and a "chin" which i custom fabricated to fit

3) my wing ( like euromeistah i used a EG6 wing but i took the liberty to modify its shape so it doesn't look like crap.PS. will change the mounting when I get a new paint job )

3) 2 6K HIDs and 2 3k HIDs ( my commute requires me to have this lights coz i drive through dark,uphill terrain every night)

4) oval muff tip ( i removed the 5zigen muff coz its too loud and my baby daughter cries if she gets annoyed, )

5) a 10 inch sub and 2 LCD monitors out back for my daughters sesame street DVD's

6) and still a proud member of the defunct CHEVROLET CLUB PHILIPPINES!!

As with all other countries; Aveo's are considered 2nd class cars ( due to the fact that the manufacturer is daewoo). But i really want to be different.I want my Aveo to perform like my old KP 61 Toyota starlet which i used then, for slalom racing. thus im taking my time with this project coz i dont wanna waste money and I wanna do everything right the first time...

Last edited by Brai; 10-24-2010 at 05:38 PM.

Timing belt broke, do I keep it? thehunterooo's Avatar
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      sorry about the wreck on such a day, at least everything got fixed

Still love my daily driver
      Thanks
      damn!! ouch. rebuild time!!
      Silver Bullet~
      http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3360111/1

Silverado Ext cab 02
      Accord Ex 94
      Aveo Ls 06

Timing belt broke, do I keep it? thehunterooo's Avatar
      Thanks
      its fixed already

Banned
      Thanks
      Neat plans. As for a turbo engine swap, I'd recommend GM's 2.0L DISI turbo 260 HP LNF as it should provide the least head-aches. The FWD transmission though will have to be imported from America as it's the only continent that got a FWD version of the engine. Cars included:
      Opel GT (RWD)
      Chevrolet Cobalt SS Turbocharged (2008-2010. FWD)
      Chevrolet HHR SS (FWD)
      Saturn Sky Redline (RWD)
      Pontiac Solstice GXP (RWD)
      Daewoo G2X (RWD)
      Fisker Karma
      Elfin T5
      - 1995 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Z34 - LQ1 3.4L DOHC 24 valve semi-hemi V6, 210 HP, 215 ft-lbs of torque, 4T60e 4 speed automatic with O/D.... 123,000+ miles. Slowly resto-modding it.
      - looking for a first gen Aveo for a daily driver :D

Lifetime owner
      Thanks
      the engine casting is the same fwd or longitudinal. so it will mount from any car, but the transmission will need to be us base as stated, but an saab opel or vauxhall might have a compatible trans?

Banned
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by petrified.rabbit View Post
      the engine casting is the same fwd or longitudinal. so it will mount from any car, but the transmission will need to be us base as stated, but an saab opel or vauxhall might have a compatible trans?
      I stated the transmission from the US as it's the only market that got a FWD transmission tailored to the engine's high output. However, just about any GM FWD transmission should bolt right up. GM is KNOWN for having the same bolt pattern on almost every engine (I believe one of the few oddballs was Buick's 3800 V6). It's possible that Vauxhall, Saab, and Opel would have a compatible trans but it would have to be strengthened to handle the 260 HP and 260 ft-lbs of torque.
      BUT I'm 90% sure that the transmission can be ordered through GM Performance.
      - 1995 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Z34 - LQ1 3.4L DOHC 24 valve semi-hemi V6, 210 HP, 215 ft-lbs of torque, 4T60e 4 speed automatic with O/D.... 123,000+ miles. Slowly resto-modding it.

Lifetime owner
      Thanks
      i imagine a f28 would work.. plus its 6 speed.

Getrag F28/6 transmission - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Banned
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by petrified.rabbit View Post
      i imagine a f28 would work.. plus its 6 speed.

Getrag F28/6 transmission - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
      after looking up the Cobalt SS's transmission, it may prove easier to get ahold of than I originally thought.
      F35 (MU3) transmission - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Applications:

Lifetime owner
      Thanks
      see, saabs have them, and i dint even look :P

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast