•  
    Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Because Rally car?

What's wrong with my car?
      Thanks

Because Rally car?

Hey all,

After the numerous issues I've had with the car, and just overall frustration with what is and isn't covered under the warranty, I've changed the direction I am going with the car. I have been fixing all the issues myself, not bothering with the factory service, which has been a joke. I decided to turn the car into a rally car, mostly for stock production fwd, of course it still has a long way to go. Here's what I am working with so far

I am part of the Brakim racing rally team, so that is what has gotten me so interested in rally driving. We spend alot of time at the practice facility, and mostly play around in the rally neon's, but we also have a Fiat, 2 subaru's, and a Bmw rally car.

I am going to be putting some sparco wheels on it, probably plasti-dipping the car white, and doing mudflaps soon. What do you guys think?

Still love my daily driver Pickles's Avatar
      Thanks
      Keep the stock ride height, with some wide-ass tires.

Also, needs more rally lights, like I had...

Still love my daily driver Pickles's Avatar
      Thanks
      also, funny you should mention chevys warranty service..I complained to GM corporate because of my local chevy dealer...Refused to do work because of aftermarket radio...and the problem was my heater not working, which there was a TSB out about that, so they know for a fact it is a common problem, yet they just made BS excuses. I instead took it to the Buick+GMC dealer across the street and told them my story, they were glad to do the warranty repair. If I ever buy a new car im going there or to the Chrysler dodge jeep dealer near them, they have the best service I am told

Thanks
      I plan on putting a LED light bar on it, rather than the hella style lights. We did some tests on the differences between the two, and its mind blowing. I believe the one we have on the bmw is a 60W light bar, and it outshines 4 large hella lights.

I agree about the service. I had a 2004 Dodge Neon SRT-4, and had 315whp, many mods, drag raced it all the time. I shattered both axles - warrantied no issue. Broke motor mounts - replaced, and solid inserts (I purchased inserts) put in free. Aftermarket intake rubbed through a brake line - replaced under warranty.

Due to body roll and weight transfer, we are putting some springs on it. Tires are probably going to be just as skinny, as our bmw uses 195 rally tires.

Thanks
      Yep, skinny tires have done much better off-road for me. but my 205's love to slide on entry off-road so I've been enjoying that haha, however I've decided to go more road rally lately and I'll eventually set the car up for time attack once I start getting more sponsor support and the car gets paid off.

Still love my daily driver classic67's Avatar
      Thanks
      Rally armor mud guards 2 sets of tires upgraded brakes better exhaust CAI. A good start

Thanks
      Brakes will have to come soon, I can feel the stock ones starting to fade a bit, which is fair, considering I broke 53k on the originals. I'll probably put rally tires on the steel wheels, and tarmac tires on the sparco's. We have the material to make the mud flaps at the practice facility, so I will probably go the cheap route there. I had a short ram intake on the car previously, so I just need an extension to turn it into a cold air setup. Exhaust has me a bit nervous, because I want to reduce the fart can sound as much as possible, while improving the performance.

Still love my daily driver classic67's Avatar
      Thanks
      Mine is a cherry bomb pro with hks 4in tip. Not loud at all nice hum but when you get on it sounds good. It was cheap a lot of guys do a full 2 in back with no resonator. All up to you.

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by longtermproject View Post
      I plan on putting a LED light bar on it, rather than the hella style lights. We did some tests on the differences between the two, and its mind blowing. I believe the one we have on the bmw is a 60W light bar, and it outshines 4 large hella lights.

I agree about the service. I had a 2004 Dodge Neon SRT-4, and had 315whp, many mods, drag raced it all the time. I shattered both axles - warrantied no issue. Broke motor mounts - replaced, and solid inserts (I purchased inserts) put in free. Aftermarket intake rubbed through a brake line - replaced under warranty.

Due to body roll and weight transfer, we are putting some springs on it. Tires are probably going to be just as skinny, as our bmw uses 195 rally tires.
      look into hanma-auto.com, you need paypal to buy from em, but you cant beat their prices.

Thanks
      put my wheels from my drift car on the aveo 17x9 XXR 962's 225s up front 235s in the back. Required 3mm spacers in the rear to prevent the wheel from hitting the control arm

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast